When we talk about witnessing what do we mean? Witness here means being fully convinced about God and being a representative of Him. “Simply put, to witness to Christ is let others see Jesus in you!”
And this is not just an instruction from Christ to us but a last Commandment which we must abide by as Christ liken people that we are.
15 He said to them, “Go throughout the whole world and preach the gospel to all people. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 Believers will be given the power to perform miracles: they will drive out demons in my name; they will speak in strange tongues; 18 if they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be harmed; they will place their hands on sick people, and these will get well. (Mark 16:15-18)
Ways of being a witness;
- You can be a witness through your lifestyle.
- You can be a witness through preaching.
- You too can be a witness? Don’t look at your weakness.
- Don’t even try to rely on your own strength. Because you will definitely fail.
- Look to Jesus. Hold on to God . Just allow God to do His thing.
- Commit yourself to God in truth and in spirit.
Do not allow the Spirit of God to die. Fan into flames the gift of the Holy Spirit. The spirit is not meant to be kept but used. Be in constant fellowship with vibrant and vicious Christians, for you are one body in Christ. Let people see the light in you. Let your life shine!
How to be a witness to Christ:
- First, you must understand and accept that God loves you personally. Jesus loves me. He is interested in me.
- Secondly, you must be willing to accept Jesus as your lord and Saviour.
- Study the word. Know who this God is. Some people know Him in different ways and acknowledge him.
We ought to shine as lights of the world and Salt of the earth everywhere and anywhere we are.